The type of cookies used and their objectives
I use the following type of cookies:
– Functional cookies: this allows me to make the website function better and is more user-friendly for the visitor. For example: I save your login details or what you put in your shopping cart.
– Anonymised analytical cookies: these ensure that an anonymous cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit, a cookie is created, on subsequent visits the already existing cookie is used. This cookie is for statistical purposes only. This allows the following data to be collected:
Your rights with regard to your data
- The number of unique visitors
- How often users visit the site
- Which pages users view
- How long users view a particular page
- At which page visitors leave the site
– Analytical cookies: these ensure that a cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit, a cookie is created, on subsequent visits the already existing cookie is used. This cookie is for statistical purposes only. This
allows the following data to be collected, such as:
- Which pages you have viewed
- How long you stayed on a particular page
- Which page you left the site at
– Tracking cookies from others: this keeps track of which pages you visit on the internet in order to build
your personal profile. This profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address and the like as
known to me, but only serves to tailor advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you
as possible. – Social media related cookies: this allows social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn to
record which articles and pages you share via their social media sharing buttons. They may also contain
tracking cookies that track your web browsing habits.
– Site improvement cookies: this allows us to test different versions of a web page to see which page is
You have the right to access, rectify, restrict and delete personal data. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To prevent abuse, I can ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to accessing personal data linked to a cookie, I ask you to send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find it in the settings of your browser.
Blocking and deleting cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies yourself at any time via your internet browser. You can also set your internet browser so that you receive a message when a cookie is placed. You can also indicate that certain cookies may not be placed. For this feature, check out your browser’s help feature. If you delete the cookies in your browser, this can have consequences for the pleasant use of this website.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties who, among other things, display advertisements to you via our website. You can delete these cookies centrally via www.youronlinechoices.eu if you live in a European country. If you live in a different country, please check if similar services are available for you.
Be aware that if you don’t want cookies, I can no longer guarantee that my website will work completely well. Some features of the site may be lost or even you won’t be be unable to visit the website at all. In addition, refusing cookies does not mean that you will no longer see any advertisements at all. The ads are then no longer tailored to your interests and can therefore be repeated more often.
How you can adjust your settings varies by browser. If necessary, refer to your browser’s help function, or click on one of the icons below to go directly to your browser’s manual.
New developments and unforeseen cookies
The texts of my website can be adjusted at any time due to continuous developments. This also applies to my cookie statement. Therefore, please review this statement regularly to stay informed of any changes.
However, I have no control over what these third parties do with their cookies.
It is also possible that cookies are placed via our websites by others, of which I amnot always aware. Do
you come across unforeseen cookies on my website that you cannot find in our overview? Please let
me know via email@example.com. You can also contact the third party directly and ask which
cookies they placed, what the reason for this is, what the lifespan of the cookie is and how they have
guaranteed your privacy.
I will have to change this statement from time to time, forexample when I modify my website or change
the rules around cookies. You can consult this web page for the latest version. If you have any questions
and/or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
11 May 2021